It’s that time of the week again! Every Saturday, I share with you the latest in nutrition news, yummy recipes, and healthy eating blog posts. I even share a few giveaways for healthy foods and kitchen gadgets.
- Real Food Forager shared a thought-provoking article - Is Autism an Autoimmune Disorder? With my oldest child having been diagnosed with ADD (on the autism spectrum), this is a topic near and dear to my heart.
- Small Footprint Family shared The Cost of Nursing Your Sweet Tooth. It has a great infographic at the end that puts it all into perspective.
Healthy Recipes Around the Blogosphere
- Eat at Home shared a great recipe for Grab and Go Snack Bars (either mixed berry or peanut butter). I am going to have to make some for the kids for after school snacks.
- I have not made homemade pasta since I lost my sourdough starter. But this Herbed Kamut Pasta recipe from Baking Whole Grains makes me want to get out my KitchenAid pasta roller.
- Do you have zucchini in abundance? GNOWFGLINS shared how to make dehydrated zucchini chips. I think this would be a great alternative to unhealthy potato chips in kids lunches.
- Do you love quinoa? The Coconut Mama shared a recipe for a pizza crust made from quinoa. I am intrigued.
Giveaways for Foodies
- Enter to win a copy of the Simplified Dinners Meal Planning e-book @ Healthy Kitchen Guide (9/06/12, Worldwide 18+)
- Enter to win a 1 month subscription to NatureBox (3 winners) @ Raise Healthy Eaters (9/7/12, US 18+)
- Enter to win a WaterPrepared 160 Gallon Water Storage Tank (ARV $359) @ Food Storage Moms (9/06/12, US and Canada only)
- Enter to win 2 sets of Fridge Coasters (ARV $50) @ Crystal and Co. (9/07/12, US and Canada only)
- Enter to win a Kombucha Wonder Drink Sample Pack @ The Eclectic Element (09/10/12, US 18+)
- Tropical Traditions is offering free shipping this weekend. This is a great deal if you buy your coconut oil in the buckets like we do. Enter code 31299 at checkout to take advantage of the offer.
- You may remember the giveaway I recently did for Your Grocery Budget Toolbox. Well Anne is generously giving away the 1st chapter of Your Grocery Budget Toolbox to anyone who wants to read it.
- Printable coupon - $1.50 off Sambazon Juice or Smoothie
- Printable coupon – $1.00 off 1 Jamba All Natural Frozen Smoothie Kit
- Printable coupon - $1.00 off two Gerber Organic baby food
- Free Kindle Book -SMART SCHOOL TIME RECIPES: The Breakfast, Snack, and Lunchbox Cookbook for Healthy Kids and Adults
- Free Kindle Book – Quick and Easy Breakfast Recipes For One
- Free Kindle Book – Homemade Jelly and Jam Recipes – 35 Recipes To Make Delicious Jams and Jellies from Scratch
Do you have any nutrition news to share? If you have written a great blog post featuring healthy eating tips or a recipe using whole foods, or if you are hosting a giveaway for a healthy food or kitchen gadget, feel free to share it in the comments below.
Disclosure: This nutrition news post may contain affilliate links in the healthy savings section. Thank you for your support of Healthy Kitchen Guide.